The Carers Special Grant Service
The Carers Special Grant project provides short breaks to family carers of adults with learning disabilities who live at home. Our fully trained staff team spend time with the relatives of family carers receiving short breaks participating in activities chosen by the individual service user.
- Our aim is to support people with a learning disability or other appropriate service users who have care and support needs to maximise their inclusion and participation within the community.
- We will achieve this by providing 1:1 support to enable people to access the community.
- We have a staff team that will work to create a personalised support plan. We have a lot of information on what is available locally and we can help plan and explore ideas of what people would like to try.
- We aim to help you lead a full and active life within your community, supporting you to build a range of activities.
- We can support you to increase your independence, self-esteem and confidence.